Summary: “Get fit” has become the mantra for many watch-watchers. While many have kept at it giving their very best, others have found it hard going. They have found by experience that it is quite easy to give up and lapse into weight worries that were previously endured.
Routines established become chores; eating right becomes an issue; the mind refuses to process information with regard to weight management as expected since it feels deprived of the joys derived from fatty foods and fizzy drinks among others.
If for any reason you have fallen into any of these weight loss blocs, here are some tips that can help you stay afloat.
- Make sure that you eat healthier, smaller portions of foods as prescribed by your Dietician. As far as your fitness journey is concerned, your greatest fans are; yourself and your fitness partners – Doctor, Dietician, and Gym Instructor(s) etc.
- Remember to knock off fatty and generally unbeneficial foods from your list, if possible. If not possible, limit your servings of them.
- Weight loss is basically eating less food daily than your body needs without starving yourself. As you eat less, your body will take extra calories from its fat stores (belly, upper arms, thighs, buttocks etc) to compensate for the deficit. This will lead over time to weight loss. Remember that it takes a few minutes to stuff 200 calories into your body but at least 30 minutes of hardcore exercise to burn it off. Since you do not want to struggle with your fitness goals, just eat less.
- Do not eat for the sake of eating or just because it is feeding time. Instead of eating when you’re not hungry, taking in water or low fat foods like low-fat Yoghurt is better. Eating for the sake of eating alone defeats the purpose of your fitness goals.
- Exercise is King. Without exercise, calories taken in are equal to excess weight where they are not needed. A good combination of exercise, less of problematic foods and eating smaller portions of food generally will drive you in the direction of your fitness goals.
- Consistency & Discipline should be the watchword of a weight watcher. It is imperative that you keep at it so as to achieve your desired result whether it’s being able to wear a dress size smaller than your current dress size, help to reduce obesity-induced medical conditions or just to be able to register to enter the next marathon. Stick with it; consistency works