Today one out of every fourth person suffers from overweight and they try all possible method to reduce their weight. Most of the people uses shortcuts such as dieting or consuming pills blindly. This does not give them the expected results and affect the body adversely resulting in depression, irritability, fainting etc. The internet is full of websites selling weight loss pills, but does it really help?
According to recent reports, people alone in America spend more than $60 billion on weight loss products and the graph is increasing with every coming year. Although this is not surprising as people are too desperate to lose their weight. The situation is similar in Lebanon: the market is flooded with weight loss pills making astonishing claims on the Lebanese media to trap the people and get some cash out of their pockets. Therefore, before purchasing a pill, it is crucial to make sure that the pill is safe to consume and delivers what is promised.
With some ground research, the fact becomes clear that most of the pills available in the Lebanese market are not only ineffective but also pose some serious threat to your health. Pills promising quick and guaranteed weight loss are most often ineffective. However that does not imply that it is vain to consume weight loss pills and all pills are ineffective. There are some officially recognized medications that actually give some positive results by speeding up the weight loss process. These medications are safe to consume if they are prescribed by a specialist.
How weight loss pills work
The action of weight loss pills on the body depends on its composition and each pill works in a different manner. Most of the weight loss pills contain green coffee beans, Garcinia Cambogia extracts, raspberry ketones, Saffron extract etc. There are certain secondary benefits of using natural weight loss pills as they stabilize blood pressure levels, enhance the mood and increase body energy.
Choosing weight loss pill
Weight loss pills are available in two variants: natural and pharmaceutical. Pharmaceutical weight loss pills can only be prescribed by doctors. These pills are usually prescribed to patients with BMI over 30. Orlistat, Belviq, Qsymia and Phentermine are common types of pharmaceutical pills.
On the other had natural weight loss pills can be consumed without prescription and available in health food stores and online websites
Here are some pros and cons of using natural weight loss pills:
- Natural weight loss pills are available without the need of a prescription; they are the perfect choice if you decide to lose weight without having to visit the doctor.
- Natural weight loss pills are free from side effects as their ingredients are 100% natural, so you do not have to risk your health for losing weight.
- If taken for a longer period, the effect of Pharmaceutical pills decreases with time. However, that is not the case with natural weight loss pills, you can take them for longer periods and their efficiency will not decrease.
- Natural weight loss pills enhance body metabolism resulting in several health benefits.
- The market is full of natural weight loss pills so it becomes nearly impossible to check the credibility of the pill without actually trying it.
- Very few weight loss pills are clinically researched to review their claims.
- There are plenty of weight loss pills containing natural ingredients that are dangerous for health. Some pills contain ephedra, which intensify the fat burning process in body but pose a serious threat to health.
Things to consider before purchasing:
In case, if you never consumed this kind of pills, it is necessary to consider some key point before making a purchase. First and foremost is the manufacturer of weight loss pill, check the history and reputation of the company. Search for online reviews of the pill, as most of the reviews are submitted by the users who actually tried the pill, this will provide you with the basic idea of the effectiveness of the pill. Do not forget to check and research about the composition of the pills as some people may be allergic to a certain ingredient used in pills. And finally, always purchase pills from a trusted supplier.